If you were horrified by how easy it was for someone to create a fake viral video that made Nancy Pelosi look as if she was slurring her words on stage, you weren’t alone. Facebook is now taking action to stop the misleading video, which has over 2.5 million views, from spreading further — though it won’t go as far as deleting it entirely.
On Wednesday, a video that apparently showed the Democratic congresswoman seemingly “drunk” went viral, first on Facebook, and then on other social media platforms. But Pelosi wasn’t actually impaired while speaking at a Center for American Progress event. Instead, the creator (whose identity is not known) simply slowed down the footage of the speaker of the house to 75 percent, and altered the pitch. Read more…
More about Facebook, Nancy Pelosi, Fake News, Tech, and Social Media Companies
from Tech http://bit.ly/2QokK49
Please follow and like us:
More from Geeky TechZone
- Fake ‘drunk’ Nancy Pelosi video goes viral, and it wasn’t even that hard to make Who needs deepfakes when you can just run a video at reduced speed?
An edited clip of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, altered to make it look like she's slurring her words, is making the […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- Facebook removes more pages in Philippines for misleading activity Facebook has continued its crackdown on coordinated misinformation in the Philippines.
The social media giant said on Friday it had taken down more than 200 pages, groups, and accounts in […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- Mark Zuckerberg allegedly created a fake, racist social media profile in former colleague’s name Author Ben Mezrich alleges that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg hacked into one of Cameron Winklevoss’ social media accounts and created a false account, filling it with xenophobic and […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- 3 in 5 Americans don’t trust Facebook to protect their data, poll says A whopping 60 percent of people in a new poll say they don’t trust Facebook to protect their data.
The poll comes courtesy of NBC News and the Wall Street Journal, which also found […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- Facebook is getting rid of its Facebook Watch show pages All video creators will be soon be equal on Facebook — at least when it comes to their Facebook Page format.
Facebook has been reaching out to its legions of video creators with […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- Facebook has already removed more than 2 billion fake accounts this year Facebook's fake account problem keeps getting bigger.
The company is removing more fake accounts than ever, taking down more than 2 billion accounts so far in 2019 alone, Facebook […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- What Trump’s big 5G push means for you The White House is getting serious about 5G.
At a White House event on Friday, President Donald Trump and FCC chairman Ajit Pai will announce their plans to help boost 5G development in […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- Facebook will use AI to stop suggesting you invite dead friends to events Facebook is trying to put a stop to its most painful notifications.
The company is making several changes to how it deals with accounts that have been memorialized, including one that will […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- Facebook will give you more info about why certain posts show up in your News Feed Facebook is adding a feature to its News Feed in an effort to be more transparent.
The social media giant is introducing a tool to help you understand why posts from friends, pages, and […] Posted in Cool Gadgets
- Facebook’s plans for a ‘high quality news tab’ sure sound like a swipe at Apple News+ Facebook doesn't actually want to quit the news game — and Apple should watch out.
One year ago, Facebook responded to criticism of how fake news and political animosity spread on […] Posted in Cool Gadgets